In the heart of the Austrian Tirol lies a gem of a glacier with snow-sure conditions. Our team is based in Hintertux for 5 weeks of our annual programme and many of our trainees take advantage of the great value Tirol season pass.
Snow making facilities are used from the top station of the Gletscherbus 3 lifts down to the Tuxer Fernerhaus 26 FM.
- Snow making towers (with 2 lances each)
- 2 Sufag fan guns
- Max. production quantity by a FM tower at water pressure of 60 bar: 34,200 litres of water per hour yield ca. 85 m³ of snow per hour.
Depending on the conditions and type of snow making machinery, between 40 and 120 canons can be in operation simultaneously. The system can be automatically adjusted when there is only the slightest change in weather conditions (e.g. wind) and switched to alternative snow canons.
You will benefit from:
- Training on the best Glacier in Europe with 51km of runs
- Great race lanes
- Diverse terrain to develop all aspects of our skiing
- Modern lift infrastructure and restaurant facilities
Our April and October accommodation is based a few moments from the glacier in Lanersbach. The Tirolerhof Hotel is owned and run by the family Tipotsch who’s daughter Nina competed for Austria on the World Cup Speed Team. The hotel is perfect for our needs with a healthy and balanced menu, gymnasium and ski tuning area.
Our accommodation in May is the Kirchler Hotel in Tux which is 4 star with swimming pool.